To improve efficiencies and increase awareness of sustainability, and in connection with the property owner
ML – AI Normandale, LLC, Normandale Lake Office Park places great emphasis on benchmarking energy through EnergyStar and executing improvements that make an effective and economic difference.
Areas of focus have included:
- EnergyStar label – a program through the U.S. Department of Energy; all buildings have earned this label
- Heating and air conditioning – re-commissioning energy studies and implementation of recommended improvements
- Compact fluorescent light – replacing all mercury vapor lighting in parking ramps
- Vacancy sensors – in all restrooms throughout the park
- T-8 lighting – throughout the park
- T-5 lighting – in the new 8200 Tower
- Green cleaning products – and associated janitorial practices for sustainable practices
- Energy and water conservation through tenant education – partnering with tenants in recognizing ways they can assist in energy reduction and water conservation
- Sustainable carpet and wall coverings – part of an analysis of aesthetic improvement projects
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System – the 8200 Tower has been submitted for certification under the Gold level
Initiatives focused on energy reduction and sustainability continue to be an integral part of park operations. Each day this already great Class A office complex strives for a greener future.